1. Are you _____ English teacher?
2. Bob will meet _____ at the airport.
3. I’m going to a concert tonight. _____ you like to come?
4. _____ use your dictionary? — Sure. Here you are.
5. I like this apartment but the _____ is too expensive for me.
6. Excuse me, how do I _____ to the bus station?
7. Do you sell stamps? — Yes, we do. How _____ do you want?
8. Sorry I’m so late. — That’s _____
9. I’d like _____ milk in my coffee, please.
10. _____ a bus stop near my flat.
11. Is this a good time to talk? — Sorry, no. I _____ dinner.
12. I think cycling is more dangerous _____ driving.
13. We _____ going to the theatre next Saturday.
14. _____ meet for coffee some time soon.
15. John has got a holiday home near _____ sea.
16. If you’ve got a headache, you _____ go home.
17. _____ ever been to New York?
18. I only get about five hours’ sleep a night. That’s not _____ .
19. Did Ben finish the report? — No. He _____ it tomorrow.
20. Paula _____ loves working with children.
21. Is Ottawa the capital of Canada? — I think _____ .
22. We never _____ a television when I was a child.
23. We paid the restaurant bill _____ credit card.
24. The last time I _____ Joanna was in Paris.
25. If you _____ money from a friend, you should always pay it back promptly.
26. Can I make myself a cup of coffee? — Of course. You _____ to ask.
27. I _____ a lot of sport in my free time.
28. _____ anywhere interesting recently?
29. It’s Walter’s birthday on Friday. He _____ be 30, I think.
30. Learning the piano isn’t as difficult _____ learning the violin.
31. If the weather _____ bad tomorrow, we can go to a museum.
32. About a billion cans of Coca-Cola _____ drunk around the world every day.
33. My mum’s not very well. — Oh, _____ .
34. Hans isn’t here. He _____ to see his grandmother. He’ll be back tomorrow.
35. Would you mind changing my appointment? _____ time on Friday is fine.
36. When I was a child, I _____ climb the wall and jump into our neighbours’ garden.
37. Have you finished _____ the wall yet?
38. Can you help me? I’ve tried _____ hotel in the city and can’t find a room.
39. Lena used to find work boring _____ she became a nurse.
40. If I _____ closer to my office, I could walk to work.
41. I _____ outside the cinema when suddenly a police car arrived.
42. Shall we go to The Riceboat for dinner? — It _____ be fully booked. They’re sometimes busy on a Monday.
43. We’ve _____ come back from a trip to India. It was amazing.
44. I’ve got to be at work in five minutes. — Don’t worry, I _____ you a lift if you want.
45. My doctor advised me _____ more exercise.
46. I couldn’t _____ up with the noise in the city, so we moved to the countryside.
47. There’s no name on this dictionary. — It _____ be mine then. Mine’s got my name on the front.
48. Julia _____ married since she was 20.
49. Don’t worry if I _____ late tonight. I’m going to the gym after work.
50. I’ve got a terrible headache, and it won’t go away. — Have you tried _____ some aspirin?
51. Boxing is a sport _____ requires a lot of speed and fitness.
52. Jon _____ working on this project for a couple of months so he hasn’t made much progress yet.
53. I was wondering _____ I could ask you some questions. — Sure, go ahead.
54. What clothes should I pack for a trip to Boston? Well, it depends _____ the time of year that you go.
55. I’ve finished this salad and I’m still hungry. I _____ ordered something more filling.
56. Do you ever ask your neighbours to do favours _____ you?
57. Some married couples seem to get more _____ over time.
58. I don’t know how much this card costs. The price label’s _____ off.
59. Ben got the job because he _____ a very good impression at his interview.
60. Salsa music always _____ me of my trip to Cuba.
61. I _____ to be picking Tom up at the station but I’ve lost my keys.
62. How about going to Colours nightclub? — There’s no _____ I’m going there. It’s awful!
63. By the age of 18, I _____ not to go to university.
64. I’m afraid your car _____ repaired before next week.
65. The amount of organically grown food on sale has _____ enormously in recent years.
66. Can you believe it? A woman has been _____ for hacking into the computer of her online virtual husband.
67. You may borrow my laptop _____ you promise to look after it.
68. It’s a huge painting. It _____ taken ages to complete.
69. Pierre tends to put _____ dealing with problems, rather than dealing with them immediately.
70. If the taxi hadn’t stopped for us, we _____ standing in the rain.
71. My mother’s Italian, so _____ the language has been quite easy for me.
72. _____ I had the talent, I still wouldn’t want to be a movie star.
73. The factory workers threatened _____ on strike if they didn’t get a pay rise.
74. I was about to go to sleep when it _____ to me where the missing keys might be.
75. There’s going to be a new department at work. They’ve asked me to _____ it up.
76. If the film is a _____ success, the director will get most of the credit.
77. By the end of today’s seminar I will _____ to each of you individually.
78. This is a photo of my little sister _____ ice cream on the beach.
79. Our students take their responsibilities very _____ .
80. Pia was _____ delighted with the birthday present.
81. People were amazed that the burglary took place in _____ daylight.
82. She invested a lot of time _____ researching the most appropriate university course.
83. The police claimed that they acted in self- _____ .
84. I _____ remember putting my briefcase down on that shelf.
85. He turned _____ to be considerably older than I had imagined.
86. The windows in this house are in urgent _____ of replacement.
87. Speed cameras _____ shown to reduce accidents.
88. Life is a _____ deal easier for immigrants who can speak the local language.
89. The experiment _____ testing people’s responses before and after drinking coffee.
90. We may be a bit late. We’re _____ in a traffic jam.
91. Having _____ his driving test several times, Paul finally passed at the fourth attempt.
92. Gospel music has been a major influence _____ other musical styles, especially soul.
93. Maintaining an accurate balance sheet is essential, _____ business you’re in.
94. It’s _____ likely that this novel will win a literary prize.
95. It’s no _____ for me to get Brad’s phone number – I’ll be seeing him tonight.
96. I’d lived in Australia, so I was used to _____ on the left side of the road.
97. I don’t think the colours in Julia’s outfit _____ together.
98. Very rarely _____ here in July.
99. I prefer to buy CDs _____ download music from my computer.
100. The number of turtles on the island _____ by 70% over the last decade.